Basin, Wyoming

When I was looking for a rental I contacted Dax because his ads said he had rentals that would accept pets. Within a few moments of talking with him on the phone I got a really creepy feeling and knew I would not be using his "services".

First of all I was not willing to pay for his help, and second of all he was trying just a little too hard to sell himself. He went on for 10 minutes about how busy he was and how many messages he had to return, and then went started in on how great he and his rentals are and how I would never find a rental that would take a pet. I finally had to interrupt him to get off the phone. He was nice as could be when he thought I might pay him, but as soon as I said I wasn't going to use his services he was rude and practically hung up on me.

Don't use him, he was a ***, and it's a scam.

I found a perfectly nice rental in the Gazette. Craiglist is a great place to look to!

Comments

Eagleez2rj

I used your Service, Wish I had not.. You're a Schister Dax Ferguson.

BEWARE DO NOT USE SDAX RENTAL FINDER HE WILL RIPP YOU OFF. ITS A TOTAL SCAM..

Call or file a complaint with the BBB:

Joel Oscarson

Resolution Moderator

Phone: 509-232-0532

The Better Business Bureau

Contact me, eagleez2rj at g mail. I am taking him to small claims.

Hello Thomas & Pam,

please contact me if you are interested in getting your $$ back.. I am filing a lawsuit this week agains Dax Rental Finder (Dax Furgeson) eagleez2rj at g mail

Dax is an ***. Don't give him your money. If you need any further proof, just read any response he's made to anyone on this site.

Save your money, stay away.

dux411

P.S. to my previous comment.

'Dax' also wanted to charge us an additional $49.00 just to receive emails from him on new listings! When we refused to do this (having already paid him his "cash only" $200), he said he would email us for free. Guess what?

Surprise, Surprise! No emails.

dux411

DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT, give this man your money! Like another poster, my husband and I were taken in by his website claiming to be the best place to find reasonably-priced rentals that would accept pets.

And like another poster on here, when my husband called him, this Dax guy would barely let my husband get in a word. All he did was yak about how the 'peak season' of finding a good rental was over and how wonderful he had done over the summer. My husband said he wanted to say to 'Dax', "I couldn't care less what you DID do; what CAN YOU DO FOR US?" This Dax's demeanor was the first clue that he is not professional-to say the least. The next BIG WARNING sign was he said the charge was $200 and CASH ONLY!

RED ALERT! What legit business doesn't take checks or at least debit/credit cards today? Then, when we got there, we were led to believe he was going to 'help' us find the rental that suited us...reasonably priced, would take two medium-sized dogs, and possibly on the outer edges of town. 'Dax' kept his hand over his precious list of rentals until we handed over the cash.

Then he handed us...a single piece of paper with mostly old listings (we found out later) on it...ALL WERE COPIED FROM THE PAPER 'THE THRIFTY NICKEL'! 3rd RED ALERT!-He then asked us to NOT MENTION HIS NAME when we called the owners of the homes. Gee, that doesn't sound suspicious, does it? The 'list' were mostly very old listings and when we called about them, the owners were not annoyed so much with us, but demanded to know who was handing out their personal phone number, when their property had been rented for months.

The last couple of listings were newer, but again, COPIED FROM THE THRIFTY NICKEL, WHICH IS A FREE PAPER! We could have done that ourselves! For free! He did nothing to 'help' us.

Just handed us a pretty useless sheet of paper with only brief descriptions and phone numbers typed on it...no addresses and asked us to not mention his name to anyone.

Yes, I go by Dux411, but I am NOT afraid to use our real name. Sincerely, Thomas and Pam Armour

#519063

I just spoke with this Dax guy. I agree with the above comments that he seemed really creepy and that he went on and on about himself.

I'm a salesman too, but I know when enough is enough. It's funny because I was reading these comments while he was yammering on.

I will not be paying his $229 just for access to his clients without any guarantee. Save your money.

Save your money folks, Dax is very helpful when he feels he's got another $200.00 fee coming his way. He told me how great his list was, but it's a scam and the numbers I called, either never answered, called back, or were obnoxious on the phone and most of the properties were dumps. Craigslist or realtors would be a safer less expensive bet.

funny I found one of his listings by mistake on craigslist- he was very prompt to email me back then too, but still would not give any info out about the listing on craigs list for a rental property- not advertised as one of his. I don't have a good feeling about this guy, and from his picture on his site, he looks pretty shaddy.

#422024

I'm really glad I came across this website. My husband and I are relocating to the Billings area within the next month.

We just happened to stumble upon Dax's website, and thought we would give it a shot. We tried calling Dax during his hours of business, and the phone just rang and rang, then was hung up on. NO Answering machine, or email to leave a phone number to get a call back. We had found a few properties we were really interested in, and wanted to get some pictures of the houses, more information about them, etc.

Well, I can tell you one thing, WE ARE NOT PAYING ANYONE, I don't care if you are Prince Kiss A** of the new free world, but we are not paying $150- $200 for a list of phone numbers for landlords.

Of course, we wouldn't have known he charges this without finding this site, since he will not answer the phone. I guess God has really looked after us after all!

Melissa did not use my service and neither did Missallie. I have never told anyone to get rid of their pets unless of course they are misguided souls that have a half dozen or more and expect to find a landlord willing to rent to them.

I have the largest selection of pet rentals available, usually around 20 or more. And that's usually more than the local paper has houses listed for rent.

For the record, most landlords limit is 2 pets, occasionally 3.

Melissa obviously had quite a few and I couldn't help her and told her so and so now I'm a baaad guy!

Dax Rental Finder is a scam. I had the same story Dax called me back and rambled on and on about how horrible it is to pay for application fees and how I shoould get rid of my pets.

He wouldn't let me get a word in and in the end wanted to charge me a $200 fee for his services. At leaset rental agencies disclose their fees upfront.

The lady making this idiotic comment is the joke. I don't spend 10 minutes talking to anyone, not even my girlfriend 'cause I'm too busy taking calls. Second, she didn't even use my service to begin with, so how can she intelligently say it's a scam? Truth is, she can't.

This sounds like a comment made by a disgruntled property management company who is hating on me because I won't list for devious companies, my rentals list for less and they the renters don't have to pay exorbitant $35 to $45 application fees (per adult) and my renters don't have to pay $35 to $50 or more per pet every month.

This is the most ignorant person I've ever had a complaint from, making me feel it's simply a smear job.

Take time to read what my real customers have to say, people with real names not "Missallie".